Type and hit enter
Hi, i’m daniel.
We have been building quality, high performance custom homes in the Sea to Sky region since 2009.
Intentionally, we focus on a select number of projects per year, allowing our team to focus on the projects at hand, and the attention to detail required to deliver the caliber of home that has defined our reputation.
We are about precision, quality, and good people. We have created a culture where excellent people enjoy working here and top-quality trades want to work with us. Our current and future projects include several high-end homes in Whistler and Squamish, and a net-zero project.
The Senior Project Manager (PM) duties are wide ranging and involve predominantly office work, but also a strong on-site presence to facilitate the construction of high-end and complex residential projects. The PM brings extensive experience in high end residential construction to this leadership role and will ensure their high standards and expectations are executed throughout company projects.
The PM has a major role in ensuring the highest standards in performance and quality are being met and is instrumental in the growth and culture within the company.
The PM reports to and is supported closely by the President, with project assistance from a full-time Project Coordinator and Administrator. On-site assistance and coordination of construction is provided by the Site Superintendent(s).
· Exercises considerable independent judgment and initiative in the overall direction of assigned projects and assumes responsibility for the overall project success, from start to finish
· Executes budgeting and procurement tasks, schedule development, quality assurance, project status/reporting, and client care
· Coordinates internal resources and trades/vendors
· Strives to ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, schedule and budget
· Provides technical interaction and is the primary contact with architects, engineers, other consultants and municipalities
· Manages estimating, tendering, subcontract negotiations, liaises with clients and sub-trades, and manages all technical and financial aspects of the project
· Ensures that construction, company and safety standards are met on all projects
· Drives new business opportunities and fosters new business and trades relationships
· Applies extensive industry and business experience to assist in guidance of company operations and efficiency
The ideal candidate comes from a history of working on high end custom projects and brings extensive experience, a passion for the craft and attention to detail to the team.
At least 6 years of experience as a Project Manager (from project start to finish) as part of a general contractor
Comprehensive experience in managing budgets from $1.5M to $20M
A solid portfolio of completed custom wood frame projects working for general contractors
Advanced skills with project management tools, such as Bluebeam/Acrobat, Microsoft Project, Co-Construct, Builder Trend, ProCore, etc
Strong knowledge and proficiency in MS office environment, excellent Excel skills
Strong interpersonal communication (verbal/written) skills – with the ability to build and maintain relationships within all levels of the organization both internally and externally
Excellent at problem solving and multi-tasking, effective at delegation – you are a solutions driven person
Proven ability to manage budgets and forecast costs to project completion
Proven ability to work well in a team and lead a staff
Certificate, diploma or degree in Construction Management, or a related field
- high end residential experience
- previous supervision/lead roles
- shop / finishing work experience
- red seal
- first aid certs
At Blueline Contacting, we understand that being a leader in our field is wholly dependent on the important work, dedication and attitude of our staff. We compensate our leaders and provide benefits at the same high level as our construction performance standards.
Salary: TBD based on experience
Benefits: full medical / paramedical / dental / Life package provided
Bonus: profit sharing